Business Talent (Permanent) Visa (subclass 132)
The Business Talent visa is a permanent residence visa for business people who are nominated by an Australian State or territory. This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia.You, your partner, or both combined must have all of the following:-
- total net business assets of at least AUD 400,000 in one or more qualifying businesses for at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- net business and personal assets of at least AUD 1.5 million that are legally acquired and can be transferred to Australia within two years after the visa is approved
- a total annual turnover of at least AUD 3 million in one or more of your main businesses in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply
- an extremely successful business career
- no involvement in unacceptable business activities
- a genuine desire to own and operate a management role in a business in Australia
- you must also be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed business will be of exceptional economic benefit to the region where it will operate.
It allows you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to :-
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after which, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia.
Business Innovation (Provisional) Visa (subclass 188)
The Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) is part of the Business Innovation and Investment Programme and is a points based visa. This is visa is for people with business skills who want to establish, develop or manage a new or existing business in Australia. In order to qualify for this visa you will need to meet the following :-
- you must be younger than 55 years of age, although a state or territory can waive this requirement if your proposed investment will be of exceptional economic benefit to the nominating state or territory
- score at least 65 points
- you must have owned an established business or business that had at least AUD 500 000 turnover in each of two out of four fiscal years before you are invited to apply
- have an overall successful business career
- you have a genuine desire to continuously own and maintain a management role in a business in Australia
- you, your partner or both combined must have total net assets of at least AUD 800 000 that was lawfully acquired and available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted.
This visa will allow you to travel in and out of Australia for the life of your visa, bring family members with you to Australia and seek permanent residence by applying for a Business Innovation (Permanent) Visa (subclass 888).